Sunday, January 18, 2015

Dressing Like an Italian: Winter Fashion

“Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance.” Coco Chanel 



My time in Rome is coming to an end... unfortunately.  But I am taking advantage of the months I have ahead of me to enjoy this beautiful city as much as I can.  This week I took a day off my daily routine and went to the city center to sit, observe and take it all in.   I ended up at the Spanish Steps (near Piazza del Popolo), wondering how can a city be so beautiful.

As I was people watching, I noticed that the colder weather (mid 50s) is just another reason for Romans to dress-to-impress.  The "winter look" out on the streets it's pretty much a uniform around here, and here it goes, the Roman winter look demystified:



We'd all agreed with the fact that we lose body heat through our head and that it's a normal practice in cold weather countries to wear hats during the winter....but let me tell you, Romans take it to a whole new level.  Instead of taking about it, I'll share with you some images what I saw... 
#Fedoras, #beanies and #floppy-hats were all out in force.  If are ready to dig into the latest fashion trend, I suggest you buy a winter hat!  They are all in vogue.


People-watching is my second favorite pass time here in Rome, the first one being eating , of course (did you guess that one?).  And what a better spot to people-watch than sitting in the ancient Spanish Steps in the heart of Rome's fashion district.  A later post will concentrate on this magical spot.  Until then, enjoy the pictures and if you are in the northern hemisphere, wear a #hat to stay warm and look fabulous!

Arrivederci for now,



No comments:

Post a Comment