Saturday, April 5, 2014

Eating Healthy: Thai Beef Salad

“Tout est question d'équilibre” (It's all a matter of balance) Mireille Guiliano


I just made this recipe for a get together with friends.  I had a little bit left over and gave it to my teenage son, who loved it! And that is the toughest test a recipe can pass.  It came out so yummy I had to share the recipe here, with you!  I used ingredients that were easy to find in Rome (if you live here, you know how hard it can be to find international ingredients).


I started with regular salad greens and vegetables.  In order to make it Thai, I added mint from my terrace planter and chopped up peanuts.  I had to mention that the mint is from a pot on my terrace because I am terrible with plants and to be able to have a healthy growing herb under my care is something to celebrate (and brag about).

I then pan-fried two veal steaks seasoned with salt, pepper, minced garlic and minced ginger. Once the steaks had cooled down I chopped them in bite size pieces and added them to the salad.

DRESSING:

one table spoons of soy sauce
two table spoons of lemon juice
two teaspoons of sugar
a couple of drops or hot peperoncini oil

And that was all, a perfect salad for the warmer weather and with enough protein to hold you until your next meal.  Enjoy!






No comments:

Post a Comment