Tuesday, November 12, 2013

My First Post Ever...

Red Vespa, Lazio, Italy

"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page" Augustine of Hippo

Hello! Welcome to my first post!  

I have been traveling the world for over 15 years.  Every country in which I've lived or visited has been a brand new adventure and challenge.  I have enjoyed my time in each place and at the end of all my tours (mostly three year gigs) I have come to the realization that I would have been happy staying put in that particular country for the rest of my life.  That has never been an option, but this realization makes me believe that after some time in each country I have fully adapted and that I may have something to say to those who are traveling or living abroad for the first time.

Here I will post about my experiences, the good ones and the bad ones and share my insights, ideas and lessons learned.

I love food, so I will talk about that, maybe a recipe or two, certainly suggestions of restaurants or dishes you must try.  Discovering a new culture can be fun when you approach it from a fascinating angle like its food or traditions.

Another passion of mine is photography so I will include some of my work on that field.  Some sights are just breathtaking and will stay with me forever.  I look forward to sharing my photographs with you.

I want to tell you all that lots of soft skills are needed when facing and new system, one that you don't know but need to navigate in order to eat, shop, relocate and basically survive.  I hope you enjoy my insights, as I tell the stories of Gaby Around the World.

Peace out...

No comments:

Post a Comment